Peaks and Troughs are a constant within the FMCG industry, but without a crystal ball, how does your organisation cope, and what are the true costs to the business when you get it wrong?
Uncertainty is a headache for all departments within the operational supply chain. Customers loyalty is key to any business success. The three main determinants of customer service excellence are people, processes and technology and when all are aligned you have happy, loyal customers, a good reputation and above all credibility.
Earlier this year, the whole world went into lockdown. This posed a myriad of challenges for FMCG suppliers and customers alike, particularly those who handled goods that consumers were panic buying (soaps, toilet paper, sanitisers, frozen goods, flour, pasta and more).
At OmPrompt, we helped one customer absorb a 48% increase in sales in one week alone. A proper peak. This was a trend amongst all of our customers in this space, and it provided a true test of OmPrompt’s platform capabilities. A test, I’m proud to say, we passed with flying colours.
Both Peaks & Troughs bring equal problems, but if you take away the manual, human element of processing business documents across customer service, logistics and settlement departments, you introduce both optimization and standardization. Removing the human error element, gives you more stability within the business and less risk, and this ultimately gives you a competitive advantage.
OmPrompt is a managed service automation platform that processes business documents arriving in a multitude of different formats (pdf, e-mail body, fax, JPEG) removing the need for manual data entry. We help our customers with visibility and control, enabling many Supply Chain professionals to become less reactive and more pro-active when managing complex stock management issues, logistical errors or last-minute changes and/ or product shortages etc.
Below are examples of the benefits of partnering with OmPrompt:
- Reducing operational costs by automating manual data capture and data processing
- Manage the different levels of digital maturity of customer in different developing and emerging markets – helping brands to expand into emerging markets and optimize processes in mature markets
- We manage SKU complexities, across all ranges, such as retailer to company code translations, unit of measure calculations, SKU validations and by harnessing the power of machine learning solutions adapt automatically as product portfolios change and expand
- A configurable business rules engine that would allow you to provide channel specific customer service propositions and control mechanisms
- ROI in less than 12 months
How did your business handle the fluctuations that came as a result of the pandemic? Are you prepared in the event of a second lockdown, and more panic-buying?
If you know that there must be a better way of coping, please follow this link to view our client case studies.
If you would like to talk to us about your current challenges, and would like to know how automation can help your business, please get in touch.